Facetime App, also known as one of the best video conferencing and voice calling application available for Android and iOS users. The FaceTime app is inbuilt in all of the iOS devices like iPhone and iPad, but this time we are going to give you access to this app on your computer. If you want to run Facetime for PC, then you are in the right place. In this post, we are going to share the exact method to download and install Facetime on your Windows within a few clicks. Once you follow the procedure, then you can quickly access the app and start calling all your loved ones.
When facetime was released in 2010, the app was only available for the Mac and iOS platforms, which was basically used by the Apple community to communicate with each other. But after the big hit in the app store, they release the same app for other platforms too, and it is now available on both Android and Windows ecosystems. All of the Mac OS based computers do have the Facetime access but not Windows computers. To run this application on Windows PC, you have to follow some tricks that will help you to install Facetime on PC and get access to the service without spending any money on it.
Facetime for PC Features
The feature set of Facetime app is unusually massive as it is one of the best applications for video calling after Skype. The second biggest video calling application will have a vast number of features to utilize. If you are going to follow the steps we are going to mention below, then you should first check out the list of features. Some of the features might not be available for all of the users due to some device-related restrictions, but you can access most of them without any issue.
- Facetime for PC is entirely free to use. They don’t have to pay any subscription fees or carrier charges for calling anyone around the world.
- This is the Android version of the Official app, so you don’t have to worry about safety and privacy.
- Users can make video and voice calls for free to any of the contacts using the same app on his/her device.
- HD Voice and Video calls are supported, but it depends on the internet speed. Most of the users reported good quality calls even on low-speed internet connectivity.
- Call Blocking is supported to block any incoming or outgoing call. A useful feature to prevent spam calls from marketing companies or annoying friends.
- A customizable caller list is one of the best features. With the option to customize the calling screen, users can add/remove the users to the favorites section.
- Conference calls with multiple people are easy as running a knife through butter. You can make a conference call to up to ten people, including yourself.
See? These are the features of this fantastic Facetime PC application. Once you install it on your computer, you’ll be able to access all of the features without any issues. Without wasting any more time, we should proceed to check out the exact procedure to download and install this application on your computer.
Facetime for PC – Installation Instructions
You cannot directly download and install the Facetime app on your Windows 10 computer. To do so, you have first to install the Android emulator software program and then install the Facetime APK file in it.
- High-Speed Internet Connection
- Bluestacks Emulator
- FaceTime App APK File
- Webcam and Microphone
Here are the exact steps to download and install the Bluestacks and Facetime App.
- First of all, download the Bluestacks Emulator from the official website. Once it is downloaded, you just have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, almost 75% of your load is taken off. Now, Download the FaceTime APK file from the play store or you can download it from the link shared below.
- After completing the download, Double-click on the APK file to open it in the Bluestacks Emulator. Make sure you’ve correctly installed Bluestacks Android Emulator before opening the FaceTime App.
- Now, the app will open in Bluestacks. Once Facetime PC opens, complete the first time setup process and you’re now ready to make and receive video calls for free.
- You just have to log in with your Apple Credentials, if don’t have an account then we would suggest you create one else you won’t be able to use this app
- Now enjoy Facetime on your Windows PC and connect with your friends, family, and loved ones anytime.
All of the requirements are necessary to use the Facetime app efficiently. High-speed internet connection is needed if you are going to use the Video call feature. WIthout Webcam and Microphone, you cannot make Video and Voice calls. So, make sure you attach the external webcam or utilise the one present in your laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I Have to Pay Additional Fee for Making Calls?
No.FaceTime app for PC is free to use, and the users do not need to pay for making calls. Also, there is no monthly or annual subscription plan for Facetime app.
- How Many Contact Can I Call with FaceTime at once?
Facetime app comes with a conference call feature, which allows the user to call as many people up to ten, including the user. So, you can call nine other people at the same time and do chit chat.
- I am getting Grainy picture while the video is calling. What might be the problem?
Grainy picture quality indicates a weak internet connection. Either you or the person you are trying to call is having a weak internet connection. If the internet connection problem lies on your side, you can move to the new location which has functional internet connectivity and suggests others to do so while on call.
- Do I have any restriction on Calling other Facetime users?
By default, there is no restriction to calling other facetime users. The only limitation that the user has to face is that he can only call other facetime users. If your friend is using any third-party application, then you cannot call him. It would be best if you asked him to install the Facetime app on his smartphone or computer.
- Any other way to Install the Facetime app on PC?
If you are not comfortable with using Bluestacks Android Emulator due to low memory, then you can install facetime app with Bluestacks alternative. There are many alternative emulator programs like Nox Player, Genymotion, Andy, Tencent emulator and many more.
Ever thought the installation of the iOS App on Windows Operating system would be that fast? It’s just a few clicks and minutes of a wait before you can start using the Facetime for Windows. All you have to do is to stay patient and calmly follow all of the steps that we’ve mentioned in this article. If you follow these steps correctly, then no one can stop you from using the Facetime for PC for calling your loved ones.
I hope you’ve loved this article and will follow the mentioned steps. If you are facing problems while installing the application, then you should not hesitate a bit and comment below so that we can help you fix the issue.